This is the craziest and most delicious side dish ever! If you are a true fan of Jersey tomato sandwiches, you will love, love, love this! And making it will make you smile almost as much as eating it.
3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
(this is a great recipe to use tomatoes that are a little soft),
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 to 2/3 of a sleeve of saltine style crackers (your preference)
- Wash, seed, and chop the tomatoes and put them in a bowl (seeding the tomatoes helps prevents soggy crackers)
- Dump mayonnaise in the bowl with the chopped tomato
- Crush saltine style crackers (do NOT pulverize and make crumbs) and dump in the bowl with the tomatoes and mayonnaise
- Mix all ingredients together
- Eat! (do not let this sit for long…don’t want soggy crackers).
Done! I told you …crazy. Crazy delicious! This would be a super side dish for burgers (any kind…veggie, beef, bison, turkey…) at your next picnic! No roll needed!
Tomatoes were purchased at Collingswood Farmers’ Market vendors….AT Buzby Farm, Springdale Farm, Viereck Farm….any Jersey tomatoes will be perfect!