I’ve been cooking for a very long time. That having been said, I am always looking for a simple, easy, delicious recipe. And I am always looking for a better recipe.
I have discovered this simply easy roast chicken recipe. It’s easy. It’s simple. And it always produces a delicious whole roast chicken!
whole thawed chicken.
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. While the oven is preheating, DRY THE CHICKEN. Using paper towels, dry the inside (stuff some paper towels in the cavity) and the outside thoroughly. I let the bird rest on a pile of paper towels while preheating.
3. Place the dried chicken in a roasting pan, breast side up.
4. Tie the legs together.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to your taste.
6. Place the pan with the chicken in the oven.
7. After one hour, turn the oven off. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN.
8. Leave chicken in the oven that has been turned off for one more hour.
9. Take the bird out of the oven and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Serve with pan juices on the side.
And that’s it. Perfectly crisp skin. Perfectly juicy meat. Delicious juices.