My husband and grandson love brownies. They requested them for the long Labor Day weekend. Of course. No problem. After all I use a mix and can make a pan of brownies with my eyes closed. I don’t eat brownies, or chocolate….allergic. My husband said that’s why he married me. More chocolate for him.
I went to my brownie mix shelf and it was bare!
I had already been out shopping earlier and was really looking forward to not going out again until the weekend was over. Years ago I made brownies. Lots of different kinds. So. just get the recipe and get started.
2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon chocolate extract (if you can’t find chocolate extract these are still delicious using 2 teaspoons vanilla extract).
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 to 1 cup of coated chocolate candies
1. Stir together all dry ingredients.
2. Beat eggs with vanilla and chocolate extracts. Add to the dry ingredients.
3. Pour the oil into the mixture and stir with a large spoon until well mixed.
4. Dump in the chocolate chips. Stir.
5. Spray a 9″ x 13″ cake pan with baking spray.
6. Spread batter in the prepared cake pan.
7. Top with coated candies. (you can substitute any of your favorite miniature candy)
7. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Let the brownies cool in the pan before eating.
My husband doesn’t think I ever need to buy brownie mix again.